Stephanie lives with her husband and triplet teenage boys in Oxford, UK where together they run a small Pilates and Yoga studio and Stephanie also teaches larger group classes to a dedicated community of people.
Formerly a professional dancer with London Contemporary Dance Theatre and founding member of Richard Alston Dance Company, injury forced her to retire but opened up a whole new world when she re-trained as a Pilates teacher and found her true passion in holistic movement. Of Anglo-Portuguese descent, Stephanie left London for Portugal where she married and after the birth of her sons she trained again and certified as a Yoga teacher, combining her training in dance, Pilates and Yoga to inspire her teaching. Stephanie has been training in and practising conscious movement all her life and has been teaching now for over 25 years. She is passionate about helping people to liberate themselves from the constraints of poor mobility, pain, suffering and low self-esteem and believes that everyone can find more freedom in movement, breath and life. Always hungry to know more, when she is not busy teaching or cooking she immerses herself in learning as much as she can about the human system and good, smart movement. This is how she came to meet Karin and happily has never looked back since.
– Certified Kinesis Myofascial Integration® Practitioner
– Board Certified Structural Integrator
– ISMETA Registered Somatic Movement Therapist and Educator
– NM Licensed Massage Therapist
– Certified in the Topf technique of Dynamic Anatomy
– DaVinci Bodyboard Trainer
– Certified Pilates Teacher
– Certified GYROKINESIS® teacher
– Certified GYROTONIC® teacher